Sunday, 21st of December, 2014

Microbus driver sent to rehab for not causing an accident in over a year

“The man is an insult to our business,” say his colleagues

| Written by makarona

Thu, 03/04/2010 - 02:26

The Reduction of Egypt’s Population through Senseless Road Accidents Committee* (TROEPTSRAC) convened last week to determine the fate of Mohamed Mitrakhus – a microbus driver who has consistently failed to cause a senseless accident in over a full year.

Suspicion first fell on Mitrakhus when eye-witnesses reported seeing a microbus controversially driving within the boundaries of a single lane along the Mehwar. Eye-brows were also raised when that same microbus was later seen with its headlights turned on during night time.

Witnesses have also made claims that Mitrakhus seemed to be "aware of his surroundings," even occasionally "using his turn signals."

“The sight didn’t make any sense to me,” says a Mehwar commuter, “he must have been driving under the influence.” Possible influences may include basic driving lessons before his position as a microbus driver.

“What a disgusting example of elitism,” said Mr. Imbaba Imbaba, one of his colleagues. “‘Ooh, look at me! I can drive!’” he added mockingly of Mitrakhus.

Among the charges, Mitrakhus is also being accused of possessing a valid driving license, as well as of not using Microbus-designated stopping areas, easily located in the middle of all busy Cairo roads and highways.

Mitrakhus wisely intends to plead guilty. “I don’t know what I was thinking,” he told EKT, “I just wanted to appear cool and different, but I think I took it too far when I renewed my license last year.”

Branded as "boring" by his peers (and possibly "gay" some have also claimed), the controversial driver is expected to undergo rehabilitation at the Sudan Street for Extreme Driving Training Center, where his mototherapy will begin with the basics: techniques for unnecessary honking, as well as the art of causing an accident while pretending it's everybody else's fault.

* TROEPTSRAC was recently established with the aim of standardizing chaotic microbus driving and to provide a platform for a dramatic increase in the killing of innocent bystanders. Part of the committee's duties also include handing out the "Y'Osta" awards for excellence in various categories, such as "Best Kill" and "Most killed in one accident".

Bassem

Fri, 03/05/2010 - 06:59

Hahaha oh Lord, that is pure genius. Just made my day.

Gamolly

Fri, 03/05/2010 - 07:26

I read this early in the morning and I actually lolled to the point of waking up an angry mother.
Sheer brilliance! *hat off*

Janewarton

Fri, 03/05/2010 - 12:39

Brilliant. Keep it up EKT, we love you!

Yousif

Fri, 03/05/2010 - 14:57

This is pure genius!

Anonymous

Mon, 03/08/2010 - 17:45

akheeran! we missed you guys!

salata

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 06:59

welcome back
it was wworth the wait :)

Anonymous

Wed, 03/10/2010 - 13:01

Well done, Metrakhus. Well done.

Mosa'ab

Wed, 03/10/2010 - 13:02

Hahahah, brilliant. The video evidence was an excellent addition this time. Keep it up, fellas!

Sameh

Wed, 03/17/2010 - 01:14

makarona....ostaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!

EXPAT in EGYPT

Thu, 03/18/2010 - 13:59

Great Post!

Anonymous

Tue, 03/30/2010 - 01:37

I also heared that He failed to show Shaban Abdel Raheem CD when stopped by police and was asked for the ownership

Mohsen Aspirin

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 13:30

LOL, this is insanely good.

Jailan

Mon, 05/10/2010 - 21:51

ROFL! This made my day!
Genius. xD

Romanian

Fri, 06/18/2010 - 19:51

;) excellent ...

Concerned Expatriate

Thu, 07/01/2010 - 00:22

Is is true that TROEPTSRAC is posting stickers on mini-busses saying 'PLEASE TELL ME HOW IS MY DRIVING BY DIALING 1-900-KOL-KHARA"

From the Egyptian Diaspora

Mon, 11/29/2010 - 01:23

^ Lol

EKT, more videos, please! :D

H

Wed, 12/29/2010 - 11:07

hahahahaha this is BRILLIANT! Couldn't stop laughing!

Sharky

Sun, 02/13/2011 - 14:08

Lol, brilliant work .How can you be so funny like this? I really liked this article on Mitrakhus, the driver who was sent to drug rehab for not causing an accident in over a year. The concept of the organization TROEPTSRAC (The Reduction of Egypt’s Population through Senseless Road Accidents Committee) was mind-blowing. Not to mention about the awards they give such as "Best Kill" and "Most killed in one accident”. Also the rehabilitation at the Sudan Street for Extreme Driving Training Center and driving under the influence of basic driving lessons were too funny Video evidence was a cool addition this time.

khawaga

Tue, 10/11/2011 - 10:56

where is this b*stard? i've been searching high and low for this guy, from benisuef to sharm el sheikh since, and i can't find a trace of him. obviously, he's gone underground.

Anonymous

Fri, 08/03/2012 - 03:18

My brother in law drives microbus sometimes. he could have given this guy a few lessons in how to be a real macho microbus driver as seen in Luxor. don't under any circumstances give way to ambulances and jam them in if possible along with a dozen other microbuses just to see who can push through first. It goes without saying you don't give way at any junction ever as the microbus is the most important vehicle on any road, and sound the horn loudly at any donkey pulling gas cylinders as well as old people with sticks. PS never wear deoderant.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.